The Harvard Professor, Linda Hill, stated that learning how to lead is a process of learning and unlearning. If you’re a really successful star producer, you have to unlearn to create the space to learn how to transform your professional identity. It’s a very deep kind of learning—a different mindset, a different set of values. Many people reported ‘I never knew a promotion would be so painful’ because of that unlearning process.
It’s so much harder to assess your impact through others, so becoming a manager is not only about the acquisition of competencies, but really the acquisition of a new professional identity to be able to do the work you need to do when you’re working with other people, as opposed to doing the work yourself. This Program helps the participants to face this transition and define new ways of working that will allow them to be effective leaders in their organisation.
This program seeks to assist recently appointed leaders and supervisors to transition into the leadership role. This is the most significant and challenging transition – from subject matter expert to delivering results through a team.
During this training program participants will:
- Understand the transformation process to manager
- Ensure all your people care about and understand their impact on the customer experience
- Understand their personal impact on others and flex their communication and behavioural styles and approaches to improve working relationships
- Empower, support, coach and challenge your people to grow and perform at their best
- Articulate and role model your personal leadership “brand” and values while valuing others’ strengths and differences
- Communicate openly and transparently, continually monitoring your impact and adapting your behaviour
Recently appointed Team leaders
Team leaders keen to further their management skills
Department or Functional managers
Leaders who wish to re-establish organisational purpose and direction
It is essential that each participant brings a leadership challenge to work on during the program – e.g. developing a vision, making critical change
The Benefits -Typical results at work include:
- A leader who concentrates on the important issues and aligns their team with what really needs to be done
- Effective communication that will instigate changes to be made in the organisation
- Improved motivation
- Enhanced team working
- A proactive approach towards change
For full course outline and details, kindly fill the form below: